Asim Bikas Das
Thanks for your visit. If you are interested to work with me kindly write to: bikasasim [at] gmail.com/ asimbikas [at] nitw.ac.in
Other Interest :
Painting,cooking and writing poem.
My Biography in short: I am Asim Bikas Das, Ph.D. in Biotechnology. Currently, I am working as
Assistant Professor at Department of Biotechnology, National Institute of Technology Warangal, India. I am primarily involved in teaching and research. Through my research, I am trying to understand how cell signaling networks transfer the information from cell surface receptor to the nucleus. To investigate the pattern of information transfer inside the mammalian cell I build the quantitative dynamic model of cell signaling pathway and analyze high-throughput experimental data. To answer my scientific queries I use graph theory in protein-protein interaction data, statistical approach in RNA sequencing data and I also use the ordinary differential equation to build the quantitative model of the cell signaling network.
Ph.D. (Biotechnology): Department of Biosciences & Bioengineering, Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati, India (2012).
(Title of Ph.D. dissertation : Molecular Signaling Pathways of Human recombinant Cripto-1)
M.E (Biotechnology): Department of Biological Sciences, Birla Institute of Technology & Science Pilani, India (2007)
B.Tech (Biotechnology): Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology (formerly West Bengal University of Technology), Kolkata, India (2005).
1. Life member, The Society of Biological Chemists (India)
2. Life member, Forum of Scientists, Engineers & Technologists ( FOSET), Kolkata, India.
3. Life member, Indian Science Congress Associations, India
Academic and Research positions :
1. Assistant Professor, Department of Biotechnology, National Institute of Technology Warangal, India.
( October 2013 - till date)
2. Faculty, Department of Biotechnology, National Institute of Technology Raipur, India ( July - October 2013).
3. Post Doctoral Fellow, Department of Neuroscience & Regenerative Medicine, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta University, Augusta, Georgia, USA ( September 2012 to January 2013).
Academic and research accolades:
1. A research article published in Mol. Genet. Genomics (2019) is highlighted in Nature India (Link).
2. Aresearch article published in Molecular BioSytems (Link) selected as theme article 2017 by Royal society of chemistry, UK and featured in the cover page of the journal.
3. Travel scholarship from Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG), Barcelona, Spain to attend whole-cell modeling workshop,
(April 3rd - 8th ), 2016.
4. Post-Doctoral Fellowship, from Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, USA.
5. MHRD, Govt. of India scholarship to carry out Ph.D. (2007-2012) at IIT Guwahati, India.
6. Invited Reviewer for research journal: BBA Molecular Cell Research, Cancer Biomarker, International Journal of Nanomedicine, International Journal of Cancer, IEEE transaction of NanoBioscience, Evolutionary Bioinformatics, Journal of Biosciences, DNA and Cell Biology, Cancer Cell International.